The mixed-use development revives the former Polaroid Campus site with new retail, restaurant, and commercial tenants. Located in Waltham along Route 95/128, the 144-acre site frontage stretches for almost a mile. The project involved building new retail market space for anchor tenants, Market Basket and Marshalls, and re-purposing the former Polaroid building for Clarks’ new Americas Headquarters. The scope of work also included site finishes, landscape, and hardscape for parking lot and pedestrian amenities.
- 255,000 SF
- 18-month schedule
- 135,000 SF new construction
- 120,000 SF adaptive re-use of an existing three-story office building & garage
- 50,000 SF, 92-car parking facility on the first floor; office and workspace on floors two and three
- Structural steel shell with a stack-bond masonry, glass, and metal panel façade
- Detailed canopies and porticos that will require precision manufacturing for the metal and glass panels