Located on the ground floor of One Broadway in Kendall Square, new Brothers Marketplace grocery store is made up of 13,000 SF of retail space and 8,000 SF of prep space with a full service kitchen. The store features a full salad bar, grab-and-go/prepared food section, hot pretzel station, bulk foods wall of nuts and snacks, made-to-order sandwich area, deli, sushi station, bakery and coffee bar. The project involved the redevelopment, rehabilitation and expansion of contiguous parcels at One Broadway.
- 21,000 SF
- 6-month schedule
- First contemporary grocery store in MIT Kendall Square community
- Collaborated with an out-of-state architect
- Indoor seating area and outdoor patio
- Dedicated parking area in building’s garage
- Construction occurred while building was occupied