The project at Hebrew Senior Life’s Orchard Cove facility included two-story addition, refreshed public spaces, and renovated a large outdoor deck for leisure. Each floor contains 6-8 rooms, each built out with new finishes, furnishings, and most importantly medical systems and equipment to support the needs of the elderly residents. To prevent interference with staff and operations, the team built a pipe-staging staircase to access the building from the outside instead of entering the main corridors. The exterior was seamlessly matched with the existing walls by using a fiberglass reinforced concrete paneling system that was efficiently hung on the structure itself. The outdoor seating patio includes a seating area, pedestal pavers, new plantings, a wooden pergola, and ADA compliant handicap accessible ramps.
- 6,752 SF
- 8-month schedule
- Collaborated closely with local Fire Department to minimize the risk of operating in proximity to an immobile resident population
- Maintained constant access to the facility through all entrances
- Construction on the addition was adjacent to the facility’s loading dock and above their pool, necessitating consistent communication with hospital management
- Additional interior improvements were made to the Pavilion and Garden Dining rooms comprising 30,000 SF over 14 months
- Further work on Orchard Cove converted a storage room into an 800 SF art studio with plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and finishes