The interior renovation of Dedham Medical Associate’s health center upgraded the reception & registration area, physical therapy department, pediatric dental office, and the dermatology suite in 4 separate phased projects. The center remained fully operational throughout the duration of the project. which involved extensive scheduling with the health center staff and facilities personnel to avoid disrupting day-to-day activities. Scope of the reception area included providing new privacy reception cubicles for registration as well as upgrades to the elevator lobby and pediatrics waiting room. Scope of the physical therapy department involved replacement of carpet, millwork, and ceilings as well as repairs to the exterior walls damaged by an automobile. Scope of the pediatric department expanded the existing dental suite and installed new flooring, light fixtures, paint, mill work, and a new check-in/reception desk. The dermatology suite underwent a complete renovation including the reception area, exam rooms, and utility replacements.
- 2,000 SF Physical Therapy
- 2,000 SF Pediatric Dental
- 2,000 SF Dermatology Suite
- 3-month schedule
- Fast-track construction process
- Design-build project required consistent communication and collaboration with owners and architects
- Team utilized temporary swing spaces to accommodate medical center operations during construction