Building Trusting Relationships
Near and dear to our heart
We are extremely fortunate to be where we are today and it is our turn to help others. We created the Commodore Builders Charitable Foundation as way to help others reach their full potential and create meaningful opportunities for others. We not only believe in providing financial support, we believe in volunteering and getting personally involved with organizations to make a difference. Some of the organizations we partner with include Housing Families, The Julie Fund, The Salvation Army, New England Center and Home for Veterans, Jared Allen’s Home for Wounded Warriors, and the Pan Mass Challenge.
Other organizations we are proud to partner with
Giving back to the communities in which we build is important to us. Mentoring, scholarships, and creating opportunities for growth and development are just some of the ways we pay it forward.
We have even been qualified by the federal government as part of the Mentor-Protégé Program. This program allows Commodore to provide developmental assistance to various types of small businesses (veteran-owned, service-disabled veteran-owned, women-owned, HUBZone, and disadvantaged). This mutually beneficial program allows us to:
- Improve the performance of contracts and subcontracts.
- Foster the establishment of long-term business relationships between large prime contractors and small business subcontractors.
- Strengthen subcontracting opportunities and accomplishments.
Wentworth Institute of Technology – We partner with WIT in many ways. We hire many WIT graduates and provide many students with intern opportunities. We feel it is important to support the students on many levels.
- Endowed Scholarship Fund Every year we award this scholarship to Wentworth students with demonstrated financial need, who are female, or members of a minority group that is typically underrepresented in STEM fields.
- Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) – Our CEO, Joe Albanese, is actively involved in this program which is designed to provide young men and women the opportunity to become Air Force officers while completing a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Military-Connected Services – We are honored to participate with the Veteran community on WIT’s campus through workshops, networking and coaching opportunities. Joe Albanese participated in a tribute video on Veterans Day offering an inspirational message and heart-felt thank you to the Veterans.
Horizons for Homeless Children – From being a corporate sponsor for several years to building their corporate headquarters, we are honored to be their partner.
SCOREBoston – Finding opportunities for W/MBE owned subcontractors to work on more construction sites is one of our missions. Our people have participated on many panel discussions to help find more opportunities.
- Commodore is an active member of SCORE Boston whose mission is to ensure Women and Minority owned subcontractors have equal opportunity on construction sites. Commodore has participated in several panel discussions, often times as the only CM, alongside Massport, DCAMM, and the State’s Office of Supplier Diversity.
Through SCORE Boston, Commodore is mentoring a Haitian Woman owned construction company as she begins her journey with a new construction management firm, Bossman Construction.
Ron Burton Training Village – We are big supporters of this organization. From providing construction management services on their campus to supporting their intern program. We’ve had some great alumni accept full-time positions with us as well as some internships.
Cristo Rey High School – For several years we have participated in the Corporate Work Study Program. This program provides students with full-time jobs so they can develop the tools needed to enter the workplace.