Phased improvement of a 9-story freshman residential building comprised of four interconnecting towers. Work completed over 3 consecutive “summer slammers”. Project scope included exterior improvements, interior renovations, and structural additions. The phased approach allowed for a more comprehensive project schedule and uninterrupted use of the buildings by students during the school year. Maintaining constant communication with the foreman and subcontractors was crucial to success on a fast-paced project with such a large scope.
- 9-month schedule
- Phase 1 created a prototype bathroom for use as a repeatable model
- The Towers composed of 38 living areas, each including 6 bedrooms, a lounge, and a bathroom
- Project featured major building component, system, and roofing upgrades with widespread finishes throughout
- Installed new showers, sinks, toilets, stone tops, toilet partitions, and tile finishes
- Extensive pre-construction services included estimates and value engineering exercises, filed sub-bidder prequalification, and early release contracts for critical early trades